4/15/2005 6:49 AM
Title: WE HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR FOR THE FUTURE
S: ?Moreover David said, ?The LORD, who delivered me from
the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, He will
deliver me from the hand of this Philistine.??
O: Ellen White says the same thing ? We have no fear of the
future unless we forget God?s past leadings?.
David is simply expressing the ? age-old theory and truth
that we get courage from the past. We are all people of
the past. There?s no reason why we should fear the future.
But David?s experience is a little unlike the norm.
Because each step into the future usually pushes us a
little farther than we?ve been pushed before. What David
and Ellen are stating is that the past helps us know that
this next step is just a little step ? if we had to step
there 10 years ago, it would be a big step, but because of
all the other steps we?ve taken, this one now is simply a
A: I know God has led me. Here?s the way he has led me in
1. He brought me up in a home that was open to the gospel
2. He changed my family away from where we could have gone
? towards alcoholism, drugs, divorce, etc.
3. He helped me through college and graduate school
4. He gave me a wonderful, beautiful, and Godly wife.
5. He gave me 5 wonderful kids.
6. He led me to grow my previous churches ? doubled in size
from the time I took over
7. He led me to start The Adventure
8. It has doubled in the last 2.5 years.
9. He brought Jim and Shane on board to help
10. He has continued to change my heart towards the things
that He loves and not the things I love
11. Good health
12. Good mind (some might argue with that?.)
13. Good family
Here?s where he?s leading me into the future:
1. God is leading The Adventure to grow and I am becoming
more of an architect than a shepherd.
2. God is leading our family to train our kids into
usefulness, not idleness
3. God is moving us away from the ways of the world to the
ways of Godliness
4. God is stretching me on the idea of children and when to
5. God is moving me to become a man not built on my
history, but built on my future.
6. God is changing me into a planner, not always running by
the seat of my pants.
Thos are not huge milestones ? they aren?t the largest ones
I?ve ever tackled. But they challenge me. Remembering the
past makes me assured of the fact that I am going to go
through these things in the future.
P: Lord, I pray for the Holy Spirit. I can?t move forward
without him. I didn?t list the Holy Spirit as one thing
that has been there in the past, but He has been. And
that?s likely the number one thing that keeps me from being
fearful of the future. Please keep me listening. Please
give me wisdom. Please empower me to do your will. Please
strengthen my desire to follow you. Please change my heart
to be like you.
I love you, Lord.